Enabling Better Business Decisions
Delivering high quality customer insight
RIAS is a specialist provider of insurance products for the over 50s. They serve almost a million general insurance policies for car, home, travel, caravans and life plans.
When Conduit was retained to help, RIAS were facing a number of challenges including:
- A lack of business agility and ability to connect with external partners
- A fall in customer retention
- Integration of an acquired business into the organisation.
- Incomplete, inconsistent and poor data.
We implemented a 2-stage approach for RIAS
1. Definition stage
- Conducted a gap analysis and business maturity assessment to help identify key issues, risks and opportunities.
- Defined a strategic vision and the guiding policies to enable the alignment of marketing and IT
2. Design stage
By taking into account the strategic vision and the guiding policies we designed a long term roadmap to:
- Data quality & governance
- Transformation and change management
- Customer centricity
- Agility of RIAS’ technical architecture
The IT strategy included key delivery pillars:
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA) to integrate disparate datasets
- Information Quality enablers to provide accurate and timely information
- Performance measurements to consistently track the marketing performance
How we delivered the project
The project was delivered by Conduit and RIAS resources over a period of 12 weeks, as part of the transformation Conduit introduced agile SCRUM methodology.
A proof of concept project (PoC) was implemented to allow the fine tuning of the strategy and to verify the business case before rolling out the solution across the organisation.